Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water (Installer) Training Course Overview:
- Solar Thermal Hot Water Installer Training Course Pre-requisities
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification.
The launch of the Renewable Heat Incentive and the Green Deal has seen a major increase in the demand for Solar Thermal Hot Water systems.
This Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water Installer course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Qualifications Curriculum Framework (QCF). It is also recognised to prove competency to join MCS as a Solar Thermal Hot Water Installer. PPL has been delivering this type of training since 2006.
This Bpec Solar Hot water course is aimed at qualified plumbers and heating engineers with a formal NVQ (or equivalent) or a number or years' experience in the industry, together with qualifications such as Unvented Hot Water Storage, Part L Energy Efficiency and Water Regulations.
This Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water Installer 3 day training course equips qualified plumbing and heating engineers with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to install domestic solar thermal hot water systems. The course covers both flat plate, evacuated tubes and direct to combi systems.
The syllabus covers the selection, design, installation and maintenance of domestic solar hot water systems. It includes practical sessions on purpose built roof rigs and live demonstration solar equipment. The class sizes are small with an average attendance of 6-8 candidates to an experienced solar hot water tutor.
What makes this Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer Course different?
The solar hot water certificate from Bpec is a nationally recognised qualification for Government grants. It was the first solar hot water installers certificate to be approved by Clear skies and is also endorsed by BRE Certification for solar grants.
All new domestic buildings from 2016 will have to have a micro generation technology pre-built into them and solar hot water heating is one of those technologies.
After completing this course you will be eligible to apply to join the Solar trade association and/or the Renewable Energy Association. PPL is a proud member of both green energy organisations and we highly recommend both.
Students may also consider the PPL Domestic loft insulation (installers) course as current Government grants are linked with the households energy efficiency which includes insulation provisions.
Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water (Installer) Training Course Theory Overview:
- Introduction to Domestic Solar Hot Water
- Solar Collectors
- Hot Water Storage and Installation
- Preparing to install Solar Thermal Systems
- Practical fitting of solar collectors
- System commissioning
- Renewable Heat Incentive / Green Deal opportunities
From this Bpec Solar Hot water Training course you will learn:
- Health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with solar thermal hot water system installation work
- Requirements of relevant regulations/standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for solar thermal hot water system installation work
- The types and layouts of Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Purpose of components used within Solar Thermal Hot Water System installations
- The types and key operating principles of solar collectors
- Information requirements to enable system component selection and sizing
- Fundamental techniques used to select, size and position components for Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- How the performance of Solar Hot Water Systems is measured
- The preparatory work required for solar thermal hot water system installation work
- Requirements for connecting Solar Thermal Hot Water System collector circuits to combination boiler domestic hot water circuits
- Requirements for installing solar collector arrays
- Requirements for installing for Solar Thermal Hot Water System pipework
- Requirements to test and commission Solar Thermal Hot Water System installations
- Requirements to handover Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
For more information on the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course please see the practical overview tab.
Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water (Installer) Training Course Practical Overview:
The solar hot water course practical sessions take place on purpose built rigs at a safe ground level. You will need a head for heights on the real installations but not for this course!
We only train small solar course training groups. The experienced solar hot water tutor will explain the design, commissioning and fault finding on a selection of solar hot water rigs, including unvented and vented solar systems.
Post course solar hot water support is second to none with a dedicated free helpline for all of our solar students. We have links through the UK's green energy sector and may be able to provide renewable energy placements for ex-students.
We are a Bpec Certification approved renewable training centre, as such we are manufacturer independent therefore offer impartial advice in green energy matters. Our renewable energy centres have a wide range of green energy training equipment to use while on the solar hot water courses.
Please take a moment to look at the FAQs tab for the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course.
Bpec Solar Thermal Hot Water (Installer) Training Course FAQ's:
Course times: 9am until 4.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Course duration: 3 days
Payment: £200 deposit
Assessment method: Open book multiple choice paper
Valid for: 5 years
Q - Who is the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course aimed at?
A - The course is aimed at qualified plumbers and heating engineers with a formal NVQ (or equivalent) or a number of years’ experience in the industry. Together with qualifications such as Unvented Hot Water Storage, Part L Energy Efficiency and Water Regulations.
Q - What happens if I fail Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course?
A - Like most PPL courses if you fail the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course examination you will be offered a resit free of charge.
Q - How do I get more information about the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course?
A - Call us on 01904 606090 or request a brochure pack
Q- How do I book a place on the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course?
A - Book online for your chosen date or call us on 01904 606090.
Q- Where do people come from to take Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course ?
A - We train people from all over the UK for the Bpec Solar Hot Water Installer course, London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Devon, Bristol, East Anglia, North West, Yorkshire, North East, South East, South West, Derbyshire; they come from national plumbing and heating companies, self-employed plumbers, builders, gas engineers and renewable energy engineers.
For more general frequently asked questions please see our main FAQ page.