PPL Training are a leading Facilities Management training company, delivering nationally recognised certificated training and assessment courses. They provide Mechanical and Electrical Safe Systems of Work courses that offer high quality training for Authorised and Competent Persons, in order to meet the requirements of a wide range of industries and sectors; including Commercial FM, Healthcare (NHS) and Ministry of Defence (MOD).Due to increased demand for training, and following the company’s expansion to the south, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Training Consultant to be based in our Slough Training Centre.
Training and Development
- Deliver training events to agreed standards at PPL Training centres or on customer premises, throughout UK and occasionally overseas
- Carry out assessment of candidates against established criteria
- Develop both open and bespoke events to meet specified needs
- Ensure that delivery standards and service levels meet customer expectations.
- Process promptly all associated documentation concerned with the above activities.
- A mechanical engineering apprenticeship or equivalent recognised training programme.
- A relevant mechanical qualification at QCF level 3 or above.
- Engineering qualification at QCF level 4 or above (HNC or equivalent).
- Recognised Internal Quality Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1 or equivalent).
Skills & Experience
- Suitable engineering experience in mechanical or building services discipline.
- Good knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work.
- A full driving license and be willing to work away from home for short periods.
- Practical experience of operation and maintenance of Pressure Systems i.e. Steam/Hot Water systems, Compressed Air, Refrigeration, Med Gases etc.
- Authorised Person Mechanical System or Ventilation experience within NHS or Commercial FM Sector and a good understanding of HTM03-01.
- Authorised Person Confined Spaces experience and a good knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work in particular JSP375 Pt2 Vol 3 Chapter 6.
- Practical experience in the validation and commissioning of Ventilation installations.
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication ability.
- Enthusiasm for training and development.
- Previous teaching or training experience.
- Literate in MS office applications.
- The ability to maintain a relaxed outlook under pressure.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
To apply for this position please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 121 1215.