The purpose of this self-paced elearning course is to ensure that:
- You are aware of the risks associated with medical gases
- You are aware of the safety procedures of use with medical gases
- You gain knowledge and understanding of the properties of medical gases
- You gain knowledge and understanding of medical gas controls within the workplace, for the safety of the patients, staff, the building, and the equipment
Like all training, due diligence and site familiarity is required to ensure a safe working environment. This course will aid you in becoming aware of the medical gases and their components in your working environment. It will instruct the correct and safe way to use and handle medical gases, and safe storage of medical gas cylinders.
On completion you should be able to identify:
- Which medical gases do you have on the ward/department you work on
- Where they can be isolated in an emergency
- What the medical gas alarm indicates
Where the mobile cylinders are, which gas they contain, the level of their content, if they are full and ready for use, and if they are stored safely
This course is separated into 8 subject sections, with an introduction and final examination. Following each section, there will be a short question and answer session.
You must answer all the questions correctly to proceed to the next section. If you do not answer the questions correctly at the end of each section, you will have the opportunity to go back and review that section, and then complete the questions until answered correctly. Once you have completed all 10 sections there is a final assessment. Once finished you will be issued your training certificate.